This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 6:44 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of animal cruelty in the 9200 block of Emily Way. Investigation continues.
• At 2 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of possible child abuse. Confidential investigation continues.
Domestic violence assault
• At 1:13 p.m. Monday, a woman was arrested for domestic violence assault, and she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:55 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a possible domestic violence assault. Investigation continues. Alcohol was involved.
Fire and medical
• On Monday evening at 7:40 p.m., Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to a report of a structure fire with flames coming out of and around a chimney on Birch Street. Upon arrival, CCFR extinguished the fire, conducted overhaul and salvage and assisted the building owner with securing the premises. The fire marshal is investigating the cause of the fire. Later at 10:03 p.m., CCFR responded to a reported motor vehicle accident with injuries on Glacier Highway that involved one woman and two males. Upon arrival, CCFR found the car, and saw that downed power lines were touching the vehicle. Two of three people had evacuated the car. One patient was provided advanced life support and two were provided basic life support. All were taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for further care. Throughout the day Monday, CCFR also responded to four EMS calls, two transport calls, a call that was cancelled en route and a call for a problem with a water heater on Tenth Street.
• At 12:24 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of possible sexual assault. Confidential investigation continues.
• At 3:44 p.m. Monday, a 40-year-old man reported the theft of his EBT card in the 1500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 10:28 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 8700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 12:57 p.m. Monday, a City and Borough of Juneau employee reported vandalism to the bird netting at the Marine Parking Garage. Investigation continues.