This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 11:28 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of child abuse in the Juneau area.
• At 9:20 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a death in the 300 block of Fourth Street; investigation continues and no foul play is suspected.
• At 11:38 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to nine EMS calls and six medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 12:58 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a burn complaint on Sharon Street; the property owner had a valid burn permit. At 10:58 p.m., firefighters assisted with an oil spill cleanup after a non-injury vehicle accident on Egan Drive.
• On Tuesday, CCFR responded to seven EMS calls and four medical transports.
Motor vehicle collision
• At 10:58 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 8100 block of Egan Drive and cited Janel L. Davis, 44, for negligent driving after she allegedly struck a light pole, knocking it from its base and into the road, where a vehicle being driven by an 18-year-old man struck it. His vehicle was disabled and the damage was estimated at $12,500.
• At 8:53 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR and JPD responded to a vehicle rollover with the driver trapped inside in the 9000 block of North Douglas Highway. The vehicle was found on its side and the driver was extricated and treated before being taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 5:49 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of suspicious activity in the 9000 block of Lupine Lane.
• At 8:52 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of the possible theft of an iPhone in the downtown area.
• At 3:45 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the 2000 block of Jordan Avenue and arrested Alan Lee, 31, for criminal trespass.
• At 7:41 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a vandalism report in the 1400 block of Third Street.