This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:13 a.m. Sunday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of an assault in the 200 block of Front Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 11:16 p.m. Sunday, a 37-year-old man reported being assaulted and robbed on Village Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:13 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report of assault on Ferry Way. Alcohol was involved. Investigation continues.
• At 10:04 a.m. Monday, JPD assisted Juneau-Douglas High School with a student issue in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 1:54 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested a woman in the Juneau area in relation to a domestic violence assault. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center where she was held without bail. Alcohol was involved.
Failure to stop
• At 11:18 p.m. Saturday, JPD reported a person failed to stop at the direction of a peace officer in the 3700 block of Riverside Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 3:37 p.m. Monday, a 46-year-old man reported receiving an incorrect bill that is possibly related to fraud in the Juneau area. Sgt. David Wrightson spoke with the Empire Tuesday and clarified that the bill was a phone bill sent from out of state.
• At 10:10 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a possible missing 53-year-old man in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 6:50 p.m. Monday, a 36-year-old man reported his vehicle was struck while parked at a business resulting in approximately $2,000 in damage.
Possessing undersized personal use Tanner crab
• On Saturday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers contacted Juneau resident Kevin Walker, 31, at Amalga Harbor and discovered he was in possession of an undersized Tanner crab. Troopers issued him a $130 citation. The Tanner crab was seized and returned to the water.
Sexual abuse of a minor
• At 12:28 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of sexual abuse of a minor in the Juneau area. Confidential investigation continues.
• At 2:06 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of sexual abuse of a minor in the Juneau area. Confidential investigation continues.
• At 3:55 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Jessica Bell, 32, for shoplifting food items valued at about $7 in the 5700 block of Concrete Way. She was given a citation to appear in court and released at the scene.
• At 2:19 p.m. Monday, JPD cited and released Bernard Starr-Jack, 23, for stealing an iPod from a 20-year-old man at the SEARHC Clinic in the 1200 block of Salmon Creek Lane. The iPod was returned.
• At 7:32 p.m. Monday, an unknown woman took a cell phone from a residence in the 6300 block of Glacier Highway. The phone is valued at approximated $500. Investigation continues.
• At 8:06 a.m. Tuesday, a 50-year-old man reported a black Shogun Trail Breaker bicycle was stolen from his driveway in the 3900 block of Julep Street.
• At 4:40 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of vandalism to a home in the 1000 block of Glacier Avenue. Investigation continues.
• At 8:27 a.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested William Stauffer, 22, on an outstanding $20,000 warrant. Stauffer was taken to LCCC and held per the warrant.