This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 1:45 a.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department arrested Carl Liberty Jr., 27, for second-degree assault and tampering with physical evidence. See Monday’s paper for more details.
• At 12:14 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a conditions violation in the 100 block of Franklin Street. Investigation continues.
• At 2:49 a.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Kelsey Brink, 25, in the 9100 block of Cinema Drive on one count of first-degree hindering prosecution.
• At 11:37 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of domestic violence in the Juneau area.
• At 9:10 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of an assault in the 10800 block of Black Bear Road. Investigation continues.
• At 1:10 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of phone fraud in the Juneau area, where a caller claimed to be from a Sheriff’s Department requesting payment from an individual on the phone. Investigation continues.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 6:51 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a motor vehicle crash in the 1200 block of Egan Drive. No injuries were reported.
• At 10:25 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a woman, 62, in the 1700 block of Glacier Highway who reported that her vehicle was involved in a hit and run, causing an unknown amount of damage.
• At 12:10 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a hit-and-run that involved a mailbox in the 14000 block of Glacier Highway. Damage to the mailbox was estimated at about $250. There were no reported injuries. Investigation continues.
• At 2:45 a.m. Saturday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a sexual assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 7:28 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of theft from a business in the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard. Investigation continues.
• At 8:28 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a man, 46, in the 15600 block of Glacier Highway who reported his five-gallon jug of fuel was stolen from his property.
• At 1:25 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of a theft in the 100 block of Franklin Street. Investigation continues.
• On Sunday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers, Juneau Post, arrested Juneau man Joshua Mitchell, 28, for the charge of fugitive from justice. Mitchell had an outstanding warrant in Washington state for escape. Mitchell was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.