This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 7:55 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road to investigate the report of an assault. Investigation continues.
• At 9:12 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of an assault on Mendenhall Mall Road. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 5:45 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 1800 block of Northwood Drive to investigate the reported burglary of a home and the theft of several household items. Investigation continues.
• At 4:24 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of domestic violence in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:16 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited Gabriel Mallorca, 19, for negligent driving after Mallorca struck a woman, 23, on a bike with his blue 2014 Honda CRV at the intersection of Glacier Highway and Shell Simmons Drive, Public Safety Manager Erann Kalwara said. The woman was evaluated by medics and was not transported to the hospital, Kalwara said.
• At 12:11 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 3100 block of Dimond Park Loop to investigate the report of a theft. Investigation continues.
• At 1:17 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive to investigate the reported theft of a dresser, a hutch, trash bags of DVDs, coolers and stuffed animals from the outside of a trailer.
• At 5:29 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 700 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate the report of a man, 66, who reported his wallet was stolen.
• At 7:51 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Third Street to investigate the report of criminal mischief to a business. Investigation continues.