This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 11:19 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 4400 block of Douglas Highway to investigate an 85-year-old man’s report that his garage had been burglarized. Investigation continues.
• At 9:21 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 3800 block of Killewich Drive to investigate a 51-year-old man’s report that a 52-year-old man violated conditions of a protective order.
• At 3:04 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a 37-year-old woman’s report of a violated domestic violence protective order in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 4:01 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested a 52-year-old man in the Juneau area for interfering with police in a case of domestic violence. Alcohol was a factor. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 6:39 a.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 4:50 p.m. Monday, JPD cited and released Julia May James, 44, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for larceny.
• At 8:25 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Tyler Trapp, 25, in the Juneau area for two counts of second-degree theft and on an Alaska State Troopers warrant. The warrant was for failing to comply with probation, and the original charge was theft. The arrest stemmed from officers responding to the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road to investigate a 66-year-old man’s report that two rifles had been stolen.
• At 10:06 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 700 block of St. Ann’s Avenue to investigate the report of a trespass and theft. Investigation continues.
• At 10:32 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8700 block of Glacier Highway to investigate a 43-year-old woman’s report of a stolen tire boot.
• At 8:14 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 2900 block of Foster Avenue to investigate a 57-year-old man’s report that his mailbox had been damaged, apparently by a sledge hammer. Multiple other mailboxes were damaged as well, causing an unknown amount of damage.
• At 11:49 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 500 block of Franklin Street to investigate a 35-year-old woman’s report of damage to a parking fee payment box.
• At about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers arrested Juneau resident David M. Cox, 30, who had an outstanding warrant from Mississippi. Troopers first spoke with Cox as he was changing a tire on a car on the side of Egan Drive, according to a Trooper dispatch, and Cox was taken to LCCC and held without bail for being a fugitive from justice.