This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:57 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 200 block of Franklin Street to investigate the report of an assault. Investigation continues.
• At 3 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 5400 block of Glacier Highway to investigate a reported burglary. Investigation continues.
• At 10:19 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 6900 block of Sunny Point Way to investigate the report of a burglary and theft. Investigation continues.
• At 5:53 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested Brett Padilla, 41, in the 100 block of Marine Way for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after challenging police officers to fight in the downtown area. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 12:24 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested a 24-year-old man for unlawful contact and violating conditions of release. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 1:07 p.m. Monday, JPD arrested a 30-year-old man for third-degree assault. The man was taken to LCCC.
• At 6:39 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the report of an assault in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
Failure to stop
• At about 3:46 p.m. Monday, Juneau-based Alaska State Troopers attempted to stop a black 1996 Dodge Ram pickup truck on Mendenhall Loop Road for speeding. The car did not stop, as the driver attempted to elude the trooper. The driver and passenger then fled the car on foot in the trailer park area on Stephen Richards Drive. Troopers caught up to them and apprehended them after a short foot chase. The driver was issued a citation for driving with a suspended licence. Charges of fourth-degree drug misconduct and failing to stop at the direction of an officer were forwarded to the Juneau District Attorney’s Office for prosecution. The names were not released, Troopers spokesperson Megan Peters said, because no arrest was made.
• At 11:54 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a fraud in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:18 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Fourth Street to a reported hit and run crash. A man, 54, reported that an unknown car hit his parked Subaru Outback, and the Outback sustained an estimated $3,000 of damage to the right rear fender.
• At 6:26 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 2300 block of Meadow Lane to investigate the report of a theft. Investigation continues.