This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:12 a.m. Friday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 5000 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 52-year-old man who reported a 43-year-old man assaulted an 83-year-old man.
• At 9:18 p.m. Thursday, JPD arrested a 47-year-old woman in the Juneau area for violating conditions of release. Alcohol was a factor. The woman was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 9:18 p.m. Thursday, JPD arrested a 49-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault. Alcohol was a factor. The man was taken to LCCC.
• At 6:53 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 600 block of St. Ann’s Avenue to investigate the report of a 21-year-old woman who reported a 32-year-old man fraudulently accessed her bank account.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 3:46 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 4000 block of Delta Drive to investigate the report of a 25-year-old man who reported his vehicle was hit while parked. The driver’s side door was damaged.
• At 1:44 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into possible sexual abuse of a minor.
• At 10:18 a.m. Friday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into possible sex crime.
• At 3:13 p.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Benjamin Hyrum Bingham, 36, in the 9300 block of Glacier Highway for vehicle theft. He was also cited for driving without a valid license. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 10:17 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report from Avis Car Rental that a 41-year-old man failed to return a rented 2016 Toyota Corolla.
• At 11:20 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to the area of Livingston Way to investigate the report of a 71-year-old man who reported an estimated $52 of gasoline was taken from his 1992 Jeep Cherokee.
• At 8:09 p.m. Thursday, JPD cited and released Alexis Christine Nelson, 21, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for criminal trespass.
• At 1:54 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested Casey Rae Muir, 32, in the 300 block of Whittier Street for criminal trespass. Muir was taken to LCCC.
• At 12:50 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 5400 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a 25-year-old man who reported his vehicle was rifled through and a checkbook and handgun were stolen.
• On Friday, Juneau-based Alaska State Troopers charged Juneau man Aaron Timian, 24, with eight counts of making false statements on a licence, tag or permit application, two counts of illegally possessing both a Sitka black-tail deer and mountain goat, two counts of hunting brown bear and mountain goat without a guide and three counts of being a non-resident failing to obtain locking tags. The charges stem from a Troopers investigation that began Jan. 13 into Timian’s residency. Troopers found that he had received and hunted under various resident hunting licenses, tags and permits while he had recently received resident benefits of another state. All the charges are misdemeanor offenses, and Timian has a mandatory court appearance in Juneau District Court.