This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 5:28 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 9400 block of La Perouse Avenue to investigate a 52-year-old woman’s report that a 48-year-old woman had assaulted her.
• At 8:33 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 56-year-old man in the Juneau area for two counts of domestic violence and interfering with officers.
• At 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Matthew Alexander Charles, 37, in the 100 block of Marine Way for harassment. Alcohol was a factor. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 9:47 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released Valerie Parkinson, 36, in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue for larceny.
• At 8:37 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Leslie Chilton, 31, in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue on a $100 JPD warrant. Alcohol was a factor. Some of Chilton’s belongings were taken into safekeeping.
• At 3:42 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 8100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate a 38-year-old woman’s report that a black purse worth an estimated $300 had been stolen from her.
• At 4:08 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a 55-year-old man’s report that someone had stolen a pistol in the Juneau area.
• At 6:02 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road to investigate a 69-year-old man’s report that his blue Chevy C10 was stolen. The car was later recovered.
• At 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited and released Max Heinz, 39, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for criminal trespass.
• At 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 8200 block of Threadneedle Street to investigate a 46-year-old man’s report that someone had rifled through his vehicle.
• At about 6 p.m. Wednesday, Alaska State Troopers arrested Juneau resident Shauna Velasco, 28, in the 100 block of Washington Street in Ketchikan on an outstanding warrant. The warrant was for not complying with treatment, with the original charges being first-degree burglary and second-degree theft. Velasco was taken to Ketchikan Correctional Center and bail was set at $10,000.
• On Sunday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau resident James Bahr, 51, for shrimping in a closed area after he was found to be operating personal-use shrimp pot gear near Gull Island. That area is in district 11A, which was closed by emergency order in 2013. The citation was for $120.