This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 9:13 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 9300 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of a burglary.
• At 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 15-year-old boy in the 10800 block of Black Bear Road for third-degree criminal mischief. He was taken to the Johnson Youth Center and held without bail.
• At 4:09 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested a 41-year-old man for criminal mischief domestic violence. Alcohol was a factor. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 9:58 a.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:17 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a two-car collision at Riverside Drive and Mall Road. No injuries were reported. The vehicles sustained an estimated $4,800 in damage.
• At 12:05 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 5900 block of Lemon Street to investigate the theft of a bicycle worth an estimated $1,000. Investigation continues.
• At 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 9200 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the reported theft of a stolen backpack.
• At 2:39 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 1600 block of Beach Drive to investigate the report of theft and vandalism. Investigation continues.
• At 8:25 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road to investigate the report of a theft.
• At 6:37 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to Gastineau Avenue to investigate the report of a broken window on a 2005 Jeep.
• At 10:46 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 2500 block of Vista Drive to investigate the report of vandalism. Investigation continues.
• On Wednesday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau resident Ben Higdon, 38, for not leaving evidence of sex naturally attached to the hide of a black bear that he killed. The fine was $150.