This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 1:24 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 9200 block of Long Run Drive to investigate the death of a 34-year-old man Edward Franklin McMurray, JPD Lt. Krag Campbell said. The death is not considered suspicious and next of kin has been notified. There were no signs of foul play, and McMurray’s body was released to the mortuary, Campbell said.
• At 12:22 p.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested a 30-year-old man in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 8:52 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a 44-year-old woman in the Juneau area who reported that a 56-year-old man violated a protective order.
• At 1:51 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 29-year-old woman in the Juneau area for domestic violence assault and resisting arrest. She was taken to LCCC.
• At 8:36 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a sexual assault in the Juneau area.
• On Dec. 12, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Elias Daugherty, 28, after Troopers found that Daugherty had harvested a black bear this fall and didn’t have it sealed within 30 days. Troopers also found that Daugherty hadn’t validated his black bear harvest ticket as required. Troopers issued Daugherty a $110 citation for not sealing the bear within 30 days and a $160 citation for not validating his harvest ticket. Both citations were issued in Juneau District Court.