This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 1:39 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested 37-year-old Matthew Alexander Charles for assault on the 200 block of Front Street. Charles was taken to LCCC.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 12:54 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a call on Ferry Way where an apparently intoxicated driver had struck and object and left the area. JPD located the vehicle in a different part of town and arrested 32-year-old Caroline Elizabeth Jordan for driving while intoxicated. She was taken to LCCC and her vehicle was impounded.
Sport fishing violation
• On Saturday, July 20, Alaska Wildlife Troopers, Juneau Post, inspected sport fishing gear belonging to 70-year-old Douglas Neal of Bellingham, Washington. Inspection revealed that Neal’s gear was not properly marked and that he had a long-line of shrimp pots which are illegal under sport fishing regulations. Troopers contacted and issued citations to Neal totaling $240 on July 31.
• At 5:31 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a call in the Juneau area where a 43-year-old woman reported less than $500 damage to her vehicle due to vandalism.
• At 6:29 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a call on the 4000 block of Granite Drive where a 58-year-old man reported the window of his Ford van had been damaged.
• At 9:39 p.m. Wednesday, Juneau Police Department arrested 28-year-old Franklin Hotch on the 8100 block of Glacier Highway. Hotch was arrested on a $5,000 warrant charging first- and second-degree assault. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and additionally charged with criminal trespassing.