This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:29 p.m. Wednesday, a Juneau man was arrested for first-degree vehicle theft, second-degree robbery domestic violence, fourth-degree assault and criminal mischief. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on no bail.
• At 6:26 p.m. Wednesday, a Juneau man was arrested for violating a domestic violence protective order, fourth-degree assault, two counts of violating conditions of release and criminal trespass. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 3:24 p.m. Wednesday, Melissa McGraw, 34, was arrested for drunk driving and reckless endangerment in the 9000 block of Egan Drive. McGraw provided a breath sample which revealed a breath alcohol concentration (BrAC) of 0.191 percent. McGraw was transported to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 1:53 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Yarrow Vaara, 43, for driving under the influence in the 3300 block of Douglas Highway. Vaara’s BrAC measured 0.157 percent. Vaara was taken to LCCC and released on her own recognizance. The car she was driving was impounded.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:32 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a single vehicle crash involving an 81-year-old female Juneau resident. The 2010 Suburu she was driving was considered totaled after it collided with a power pole. The female driver was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for treatment.
• At 1:34 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responed to a report from a male that a jumper box was stolen from his vehicle in the 3000 block of Clinton Drive. The jumper box was valued at $80.
• At 6:22 p.m. Wednesday, JPD cited and released Priscilla Brown, 56, for shoplifting in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 11:13 a.m. Thursday, a 93-year-old female reported the theft of a power washer in the 11500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 1:13 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of a vehicle that had been vandalized in the 2900 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 8:53 a.m. Thursday, a 55-year-old woman reported criminal trespassing in the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road.