The Alaska State Historical Records Advisory Board is seeking nominations for their Certificate of Excellence Award that recognizes and publicizes excellence by individuals, institutions, agencies, or organizations for their work with historical records.
Categories under consideration include, but are not limited to:
• Education with Use of Historical Records
• Exhibit or Public Event
• Milestone Projects (motion picture film preservation, etc.)
• Innovative Projects (something never done before)
• Publication of Historical Records
• Digitization or Website Showcasing Historical Records
• Rescue Event (endangered records preserved)
• Disaster Response Activity (post flood, fire, earthquake)
Individuals, institutions (libraries, historical societies, museums), agencies (local, state, federal), and organizations (Red Cross, Rotary, business groups) are encouraged to submit nominations. No self-nominations will be accepted.
Nominations describing and documenting the individual or group’s significant contribution should be one to two-pages long and be submitted to the State Archivist electronically or via delivery service by Sept. 18.
The award winner(s) will be announced at the September 2016 joint Museums Alaska / Alaska Historical Society Annual Conference Awards Banquet in Juneau. The winning recipient(s) will receive public acknowledgement and a certificate of award.
Send nominations to Zachary R. Jones, Acting State Archivist/ASHRAB Coordinator Alaska State Archives at 395 Whittier Ave Juneau, AK 99801 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call (907)465-2241.