JUNEAU – The Juneau Community Foundation recently announced $22,000 in grants to local organizations through its donor-advised Great Blue Heron Fund.
The Great Blue Heron Fund awarded grants to the following organizations:
• National Alliance on Mental Health: $1,000 for general operation
• Polaris House: $1,000 for general operations;
• Planned Parenthood Teen Council: $2,000 to support Teen Council operations;
• Front Street Community Health Center: $4,000 to support general operations;
• Lynn Canal Running Camp: $1,000 for stipends;
• Discovery Southeast: $4,000 for reaching underserved children;
• Alaska Youth for Environmental Action: $1,000 to support the Juneau program;
• Juneau Alaska Music Matters: $4,000 to support their after-school program and scholarships/stipends;
• Trail Mix: $3,000 to support their work; and
• Juneau Raptor Center: $1,000 for general operations.
The Great Blue Heron Fund was established at the Juneau Community Foundation by a donor who wants to make a difference in Alaska. The foundation encourages individuals and local businesses to consider donating to one or more of its six field of Interest funds (Schools & Education; Arts & Culture; Health; Parks, Recreation & Trails; Youth; and Social Services) to support similar contributions in the future.
For more information on the Juneau Community Foundation, visit www.juneaucf.org or call (907) 523-5450.