This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
Fire and medical
On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 11 EMS calls and four medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 9:45 a.m., firefighters responded to an active fire alarm on Vintage Boulevard; no sign of smoke or fire was found. At 7:45 p.m., they were dispatched to a possible structure fire on Killewich Drive; it was a controlled burn.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 10:03 a.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department received a report from a 36-year-old man in the 800 block of Third Street that his Dodge truck had been struck by another vehicle.
• At 3:25 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of a sexual assault on Egan Drive; investigation continues.
• At 5:29 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 9:32 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report by a 41-year-old man in the 300 block of Village Street that his mountain bike had been stolen.
• At 10:05 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of a stolen boat motor in the 11900 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:32 a.m. Monday, JPD cited Benami Nickel, 35, for criminal trespass in the 1500 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 10:52 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the 400 block of Franklin Street.
• At 3:43 p.m. Sunday, JPD received a report from a 49-year-old man in the 9300 block of Northland Street that his vehicle was rifled through and a sunglasses case valued at $25 was taken.