- Capital City Weekly
- Alaska Outdoors
- Opinion & Letters
- Worship Directory
- Subscriber Center
- Contact Us
- Policies & Terms
Neighbors heard the smoke alarm.
They might start doing it differently soon.
The fire came after an annual fireworks show.
Nobody was hurt.
They have a few aspects in common.
It was a busy weekend for authorities.
Thane Ore House is officially no longer.
Don’t leave your food unattended.
It took hundreds of gallons of water to put out.
No humans were harmed.
Capital City Fire/Rescue is looking for high school students to join its cadet program.
Law enforcement agencies are investigating a suspicious house fire.
Two friends were able to escape a car unharmed before it caught on fire near Twin Lakes on Wednesday night, Capital City Fire/Rescue Assistant Chief… Continue reading
Starting in October, Capital City Fire/Rescue will be able to have an extra ambulance staffed around the clock. The City and Borough of Juneau Assembly… Continue reading
A fire broke out at a home on Fritz Cove Road on Saturday night, Capital City Fire/Rescue Assistant Chief Tod Chambers said, but nobody was… Continue reading
A Saturday morning blaze in Switzer Village resulted in the total loss of a double-wide trailer. The home didn’t have any humans inside during the… Continue reading
A building that was being demolished caught fire early Thursday morning, Capital City Fire/Rescue officials said. Just after 5 a.m. Thursday, a Waste Management employee… Continue reading
In the case of a Friday afternoon house fire in the Mendenhall Valley, a small dog was the first responder.
This article has been updated with more information from the fire department. For the second time this week, there was a large fire in the… Continue reading
Fire Marshal not ruling out arson as the cause.