This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 6:39 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road to investigate the report of an assault involving a flare gun. Investigation continues.
• At 12:12 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a 42-year-old man violating a long-term protective order in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 12:38 p.m. Monday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation in the 1600 block of Renninger Street into a report of drug activity.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 8:34 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 3100 block of Pioneer Avenue to investigate the report of a 59-year-old woman who reported that a car had caused damage to her home. No injuries were reported. Investigation continues.
• At 3:46 p.m. Monday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of sexual assault of a minor in the Juneau area.
• At 4:59 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 8100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of shoplifting. Investigation continues.
• At 5 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the area of Third Street to investigate the report that a 1999 Ford F150 was stolen. The truck was later recovered.
• At 10:06 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the area of Aurora Harbor to investigate the report of a 73-year-old man who reported the theft of a package from a boat. The package was worth an estimated $1,300.
• At 10:42 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road to investigate the report of a 45-year-old woman who reported money and jewelry stolen from her home.
• At 5:49 p.m. Monday, JPD cited and released Michelle Nelson, 52, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway for criminal trespass.
• At 4:47 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to the 4500 block of Jennifer Drive to investigate the report of a 40-year-old woman who reported her window was damaged, apparently by a rock. Police are unsure of how much the damage is worth.
• At 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the 3000 block of Riverside Drive to investigate the report of a 65-year-old man who reported theft from a vehicle. Police are reviewing information about the suspect and the investigation continues.
• At 10:32 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to the report of a 50-year-old woman who reported a handgun was stolen from her glove box in the Juneau area.
• At about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, Juneau-based Alaska State Troopers arrested Gustavus man John M. Scott, 58, at the Juneau International Airport. On Dec. 6, a Juneau grand jury indicted Scott on 13 counts that include sexual assault, sexual abuse of a minor and harassment, according to the indictment. Scott was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and bail was set at $25,000, according to a Troopers dispatch.