Every few years, the Alaska State Museum invites Alaskan artists to submit their portfolios and apply for the solo exhibition series. This year the museum’s panel of jurors reviewed 60 submissions from around the state and selected six artists to exhibit their work.
The six solo artists are:
• Chugiak mixed media sculptor and performance artist Myesha Callahan Freet.
• Juneau weaver and beadwork artist Shgendootan George, Tlingit Dakl’aweidí of Kéet Ooxú Hít (Killer whale tooth house).
• Dena’ina multidisciplinary artist Joel Isaak-łiq’a yes of Kenai.
• Fairbanks art quilter Ree Nancarrow.
• Kasigluk photographer and Yup’ik designer Golga Oscar.
• Fairbanks sculptor and installation artist Tamara Wilson.
The first exhibit opens in November 2024 and the final exhibit concludes fall of 2026.
The Alaska State Museum hosts a permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions. For museum hours, rates and more information visit museums.alaska.gov or contact the museum at (907) 465-2901.
A person experiencing a disability who needs accommodation for events hosted by the Alaska State Library, Archives, and Museum can contact the division’s ADA coordinator at (907) 465-2912. Please contact us a week in advance so we can make any necessary arrangements.