• At 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of a burglary in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive. Investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to a report of an ice rescue for a dog on Dredge Lake Road at about 11:45. The caller said she was attempting to retrieve her dog, which had fallen through the ice on Crystal Lake. When CCFR arrived on scene, a man had jumped in the water to save the dog. The man was evaluated for injuries, and declined further medical attention. Throughout the day, CCFR responded to 10 EMS calls, a call to Lemon Creek Road that was cancelled en route, a report of a person who had fallen on Lemon Creek Road, a false fire alarm on Glacier Highway, two transport calls to take patients to and from the airport and hospital, and a call at 10 p.m. for a person who had fallen off a cliff in the Funter Bay Area (for more on that story, see the news section of the paper.)
• At 2:29 p.m. Monday, a 54-year-old man reported vandalism to a vehicle while it was parked in the 500 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 11:08 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a vandalism at a business downtown in the 100 block of Franklin Street. The business’ front window had been shot twice with a BB gun.
• At 5:04 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a theft in the 100 block of Seward Street. Alcohol was involved. Investigation continues.
• At 5:10 p.m. Monday, JPD received two reports of theft in the 100 block of Franklin Street. Alcohol was involved. Investigation continues.
• At 11:14 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a stolen suitcase in the area of Marine Way. Alcohol was involved. Investigation continues.