This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:23 p.m. Thursday, JPD assisted another agency with an investigation in the 1500 block of Third Street.
• At 1:20 p.m. Thursday, a wallet and knife were reported stolen from a residence in the 600 block of Ninth Street.
• At 10:54 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to the death of a 76-year-old woman in the 2500 block of Teslin Street. Next of kin have been notified. Not considered suspicious.
• At 1:52 a.m. Saturday, 22-year-old Drew Baltzell was arrested for drunken driving near Sealaska Plaza. His breath alcohol content registered as 0.168 percent, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 1:52 p.m. Thursday, a 51-year-old woman reported a fraudulent tax return was filed with the IRS in her name.
• At 2:04 p.m. Thursday, a 13-year-old girl reported her clothing was stolen by a 14-year-old girl from their shared residence in the 10800 block of Black Bear Road. Investigation continues.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:26 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report of a two vehicle crash on the outbound lane of Egan Drive at the Fred Meyer access road. A 2014 Subaru Impreza, driven by 80-year-old Patricia Berryhill, struck a 1996 Geo Prism, driven by 50-year-old Lisa Pearce, as it made a left hand turn toward Fred Meyer. Pearce was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for a medical evaluation; her injuries did not appear life threatening. A citation to Berryhill is pending to show cause of the crash. Both vehicles sustained major damage and were towed from the scene. Traffic on Egan Drive near the Fred Meyer turnoff was rerouted for about 40 minutes until the scene was cleared.
• At 8:45 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report of a crash involving a pedestrian in the 8600 block of Teal Street. Investigation continues.
• At 10:43 p.m. Thursday, an 18-year-old man stole $200 worth of merchandise from a business in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 9:52 a.m. Friday, JPD received a report of a heating oil theft in the Channel Vista area. Investigation continues.
• At 9:11 a.m. Saturday, a 50-year-old man reported the theft of fuel from two vehicles in the 1800 block of Glacier Highway. Total fuel stolen was around 40 gallons.
• At 3:44 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a possible trespass issue in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 10:48 p.m. Thursday, a 41-year-old woman reported her Ford Explorer was vandalized sometime between 2:30-9 p.m. the day prior. Damage was estimated to be $400. A 23-year-old man living in the same household reported his Ford Explorer was also vandalized on the same day, and there was about $400 worth of damage. Investigation continues.
• At 10:36 a.m. Friday, a 55-year-old man reported his vehicle was rifled in the 3300 block of Fritz Cove Road. Information only.