This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:12 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department assisted the Juneau School District with a disciplinary issue in the 9000 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 6:52 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of an assault involving domestic violence in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 4:44 p.m. Wednesday, JPD officers arrested David Stout, 52, after his alcohol concentration was measured at 0.246 percent in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. Officers took him to Lemon Creek Correctional Center where he was held in lieu of a $1,500 bail.
• At 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, JPD officers arrested Julia Francis, 37, for suspicion of driving while intoxicated in the 11700 block of Glacier Highway. She was transported to LCCC.
• On Wednesday, the Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Corey Mckrill, 35, for obtaining a resident sport fish license when he did not meet Alaska’s residency requirements. He was given a $310 fine.
Fire and medical
• On Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 12 EMS calls, received two false calls and another call where the person refused medical services. Later that day, CCFR was dispatched for a fire alarm at a building on Gladstone Street where occupants exited the building because a fire was found on the second floor of the building. It was extinguished and its cause is under investigation by CCFR personnel. Occupants were offered housing by Red Cross.
• At 3:52 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of fraudulent signing of a vehicle title in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 12:42 p.m. Wednesday, JPD officers cited Willard Morrison, 53, for larceny in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 6:58 p.m. Wednesday, a 40-year-old woman in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue reported a stolen Volcom backpack, valued at $30, which contained a black iPhone 6 valued at $500.
• At 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, a man reported three firearms were stolen from his house in the 1400 block of Glacier Highway.
Violating conditions of release
• At 11:09 p.m. Wednesday, JPD officers arrested Jessie J. Jackson, 29, for violating conditions of release in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was taken to LCCC on $500 bail. Alcohol was involved.