This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 4:23 a.m. Wednesday, a 44-year-old man reported being assaulted on South Franklin Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:28 a.m. Thursday, police arrested a 35-year-old man for domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. Officers took him to the Lemon Creek Correctional Center where he was held without bail. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:23 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Joshua Dylan Dunn-Rago, 40, for driving under the influence near Whittier Street. Dunn-Rago provided a sample of his breath that showed a breath alcohol concentration of 0.184 percent. Officers took him to LCCC where bail was set at $1,500.
• At 7:14 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of driving while intoxicated in the 3100 block of Channel Drive. Alcohol was involved. An arrest was not made.
• At 10:29 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested John Holland, 39, for driving under the influence in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue. Alcohol was involved.
• At 5:38 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
Fire and medical
• On Feb. 19, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to seven EMS calls and one transport call. One EMS call came in near Douglas Highway regarding a possible deceased person. The scene was left in the care of JPD.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to five EMS calls, two false alarms, one transport call and one assist for JPD. During one EMS call a woman was confirmed dead at 10:23 p.m. on Central Avenu.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to three EMS calls and one false fire alarm.
• On Monday, CCFR responded to four EMS calls, two transport calls, one request for assistance by another agency, one public service assistance call and one false fire alarm.
• On Tuesday, CCFR responded to eight EMS calls, two transport calls, one vehicle accident without injuries on Egan Drive and one open burn complaint in which the open burn could not be located.
• On Wednesday, CCFR responded to eight EMS calls, two transport calls, one false alarm and one call that was cancelled en route.
• At 8:10 a.m. Wednesday, officers arrested Shayne Howard, 25, on a $250 warrant for failure to appear related to a charge of driving without a license. Police took Howard to LCCC.
• At 5:49 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Zachariah Schauwecker, 24, in the 4000 block of Delta Drive on a $500 outstanding warrant. Schauwecker was also in violation of his release and subsequently charged with violating those conditions. Officers took Schauwecker to LCCC.
Retaining undersized crab
• On Sunday, the Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post found Daniel Foley, 68, with the FV Stellar at the Alaska Glacier Seafood’s dock had caught and retained three undersized golden king crab out of a total 151 crab. Troopers issued Foley a summons for the violation and were able to return the undersized crab to the sea alive.
• At 5:53 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of shoplifting in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 3:29 p.m. Tuesday, a 54-year-old woman reported her ivory earrings valued at $200 were stolen in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 3:31 p.m. Tuesday, a 39-year-old man reported his white Samsung phone with a red case valued at $250 was stolen from inside the Mendenhall Mall.
• At 4:36 p.m. Tuesday, a 24-year-old woman reported a knife valued at $2,090 was stolen from a business in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 2:21 p.m. Wednesday, a 36-year-old man reported his tires were stolen in Hoonah and those tires are now in Juneau.
• At 2:13 p.m. Wednesday, a 59-year-old man reported his wallet and Craftsman jacket were stolen from his home in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive while he was incarcerated at the jail.
• At 1:51 a.m. Wednesday, police arrested Veronica Shortcakes, 48, at the Bergman Hotel for criminal trespassing. Alcohol was involved. Officers took her to LCCC where her bail was set at $250.
• At 9:44 p.m. Wednesday, a 32-year-old woman reported an unknown man trespassed onto her property in the 4000 block of Delta Drive.
• At 7:34 a.m. Wednesday, a 34-year-old woman reported her purse and its contents were stolen from her unlocked vehicle on Commercial Boulevard.
• At 1:27 p.m. Tuesday, JPD was alerted to an unattended death in the 200 block of Franklin Street. Foul play is not suspected.