This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 5:56 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the report of an assault in the 200 block of Franklin Street.
• At 12:20 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of the violation of a protective order in the Juneau area.
• At 12:53 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Charles Williams, 57, in the 7700 block of Douglas Highway for driving under the influence. Alcohol was a factor. Williams was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:25 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Jessica Bethers, 32, in the 6500 block of Egan Drive for driving while intoxicated. Alcohol was a factor. Bethers was taken to LCCC and her vehicle was impounded for 72 hours.
• At 8:22 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a theft and vehicle rifling in the 400 block of First Street. Investigation continues.
• At 3:18 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a theft of a backpack and other miscellaneous items in the 300 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 4:04 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Mark Edward Shilling, 32, in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive for vehicle theft, failure to stop at the direction of a peace officer and driving under the influence. Alcohol was a factor. Schilling was additionally arrested for a $250 felony Alaska State Troopers warrant. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 8:23 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Eric Hamblin, 35, in the 9000 block of Cinema Drive on a $50 warrant for theft. Hamblin was taken to LCCC.
• At 4:36 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of theft from a residence in the 8400 block of Canyon Drive.
• At 9:49 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested George W. Skeek, 44, on Engineers Cutoff Road on a $10,000 Alaska State Troopers warrant. Skeek was taken to LCCC.
• On Saturday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers, Juneau Post, discovered that Anies Sadeghi, 24 of Juneau, had hunted moose on Taku River during the 2017 season without obtaining an RM046 registration moose permit as required. Sadeghi was cited for failing to obtain the permit and has a mandatory court appearance in the District Court at Juneau.