This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:36 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road to investigate the report of a 49-year-old man who reported his son was assaulted.
• At 9:22 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 3200 block of Hospital Drive to investigate the report that a 56-year-old woman had assaulted a 35-year-old woman.
• At 10:06 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 5300 block of Shaune Drive to investigate the report that two storage units were burglarized during the night.
• At 3:25 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the report of a 24-year-old woman in the Juneau area who reported a 30-year-old man violated conditions of a protective order by contacting her.
• At 8:34 p.m. Wednesday, JPD notified a 55-year-old woman that a 24-year-old woman was released after a domestic violence charge. The 55-year-old woman told police that the 24-year-old woman had already tried to contact her, violating her conditions of release.
• At 10:11 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 30-year-old man in the Juneau area for criminal trespass that might have also might have involved domestic violence. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Investigation continues.
• At 12:52 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested a 48-year-old woman in the Juneau area for criminal trespass domestic violence. Alcohol was a factor. The woman was taken to LCCC.
• At 9:27 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Derik Swanson, 26, in the 8100 block of Egan Drive for driving while intoxicated. Swanson was taken to LCCC and the car he was driving was impounded.
• At 3 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Joshua Peterson-Candelaria, 26, in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway for driving while intoxicated. Peterson-Candelaria’s breath-alcohol content was measured at 0.94 percent. He was taken to LCCC and the car he was driving was impounded.
• At 1 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the reported sexual abuse of a minor in the Juneau area.
• At 7:17 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the report of a 61-year-old man in the Juneau area who reported the theft of his prescription medication.