This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:38 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a stabbing at Cedar Park housing complex on Douglas Island. A man had been stabbed multiple times in the head, back, arms and abdomen, police learned on arrival. JPD had not made any arrests in connection with the stabbing as of Saturday afternoon. The victim was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital. See an article on page A1 for more details.
• At 2:30 p.m. Friday, JPD opened a confidential investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 2:32 p.m. Friday, JPD opened a separate investigation into drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 1:01 p.m. Friday, JPD continued an investigation into reported fraud in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 3:46 p.m. Friday, JPD cited and released George Willie Nelson III, 51, after he consumed $10 worth of deli food at a grocery store in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue without paying for it. Nelson fell asleep in the store with the partially-consumed food nearby. When he was awoken, he was unable to pay for the food. Alcohol was involved.
• At 7:16 p.m. Friday, a female reported gas siphoned from her vehicle in her driveway in the 3200 block of Bresee Street sometime over the last month.
• At 10:02 a.m. Saturday, JPD opened an investigation into a report of theft in the 8200 block of Counterpane Lane.
• At 10:45 a.m. Saturday, Roy Williams was arrested for criminal trespass in the 200 block of Franklin Street. He was cited and released with a summons to appear in court. Alcohol was involved.