The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities is inviting Alaskans to offer their suggestions on how to help the state’s ferry system cope with budget cuts.
DOT will host six public meetings from Ketchikan to Kodiak, allowing Alaskans to hear from department officials, ask questions and offer fixes.
• Sitka, 12-2 p.m. Nov. 24 at Sealing Cove Business Center, 601 Alice Loop Road
• Ketchikan, 3-5 p.m. Dec. 2, borough assembly chambers
• Cordova, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 7, city council chambers
• Kodiak, 6-8 p.m. Dec. 8, borough assembly chambers
• Juneau, 6-8 p.m. Dec. 15, CBJ Assembly chambers
• Haines, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 16, borough assembly chambers
Teleconference attendance will also be available. To call in, dial 1-800-315-6338 and use conference code 03902#.