This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 4:52 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a call about an intoxicated subject in the 8800 block of Glacier Highway and arrested Lena Jimmie and Steven Muetze for criminal trespass. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:07 p.m. Monday, a man was arrested for domestic violence related criminal mischief, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was not involved.
• At 8:45 a.m. Tuesday, a 25-year-old woman was arrested for violating conditions of release. She was contacted during a disturbance and was with a person whom she was prohibited from being with. She was taken to LCCC.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to six EMS calls, including one on Village Street where a person was confirmed deceased. CCFR also responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on Mendenhall Loop Road and two calls to Hospital Drive that were cancelled en route.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:55 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a car crash at Egan Drive and 10th Street. Both cars were disabled from the accident and had to be towed. They were estimated to have a combined damage amount of $10,000. One of the drivers, Laura Stichert, was cited for failing to stop at a red light. No injuries were reported.
• At 1:51 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a possible sexual assault.
• At 2:55 p.m. Monday, a 19-year-old woman reported her bicycle and helmet, valued at $170, were stolen in the 1700 block of Fritz Cove Road.