This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 6:43 p.m. Sunday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a domestic dispute in the Juneau area and arrested a 26-year-old man for criminal mischief domestic violence; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 12:52 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a disturbance in the Juneau area and arrested a 44-year-old woman for assault domestic violence; she was taken to LCCC.
• At 2:20 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 10:41 p.m. Sunday, JPD made a traffic stop in the 4000 block of Egan Drive and arrested Ben Chang, 30, for driving under the influence after he reportedly blew over the legal limit; his vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• On Saturday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to four EMS calls and two medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 12:32 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire in a ditch on Bresee Street and extinguished an unattended fire. At 6:19 p.m., they responded to a possible grass fire at Engineers Cutoff and found an authorized burn. At 9:55 p.m., firefighters responded to a possible fire in the woods on Amalga Street and found an attended warming fire. At 10:53 p.m., they were dispatched to a large fire on Trafalgar Avenue; the resident had a burn permit and asked to let the fire get smaller.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to eight EMS calls and one medical transport. At 1 a.m., firefighters responded to a fire behind a house on Eighth Street and found an attended warming fire. At 4:14 p.m., they responded to a fire alarm on Franklin Street that had been triggered by cleaning the oven. At 5:56 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a burn complaint on All Season Street and found the resident was in compliance with his burn permit. At 6:39 p.m., firefighters responded to the smell of propane on Wren Drive, but found no hazards after testing.
• On Monday, CCFR responded to 14 EMS calls and five medical transports. At 1:06 p.m., firefighters were dispatched for smoke coming from a vehicle on Seward Street; no sign of smoke or fire was found.
• At 1:42 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard and arrested Whitney A. Craig for larceny; she also was charged with being a fugitive from justice with an outstanding arrest warrant from Washington. She was taken to LCCC and was being held without bail.
• At 10:06 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 8700 block of Glacier Highway and issued a summons to Joshua Raymond Jones, 24.
• At 10:58 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report by a 42-year-old man in the 4400 block of Douglas Highway regarding the theft of 200 gallons of heating fuel, worth an estimated $600, and a burgundy Huffy bike valued at $200.
• At 10:32 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the 100 block of Franklin Street and cited Melvin Thomas Bell, 45, for criminal trespass; alcohol reportedly was involved.