This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 9:27 a.m. Monday, Juneau Police Department responded to a reported burglary in the 2200 block of Muir Street; investigation continues.
• At 11:16 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a residential burglary in the 1100 block of Mendenhall Peninsula Road; investigation continues.
• At 1:28 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested Mark Adam Smoots, 45, for disorderly conduct; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 12:53 p.m. Thursday, JPD arrested a 23-year-old man in the Juneau area for assault, and took him to LCCC.
• At 1:37 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic dispute in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 7:41 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report from a man in the Juneau area that he had been assaulted by another man; investigation continues.
• At 12:32 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
Driving under the influence
• At 12:48 a.m. Friday, JPD made a traffic stop in the 3200 block of Glacier Highway and arrested Brant Oliphant, 37, for DUI; he was taken to LCCC and released on his own recognizance.
• At 11:43 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a vehicle in a ditch in the 2800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road and arrested Alexis Maybin, 19, for DUI.
• At 1:45 a.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Brian Shepard, 48, for driving under the influence in the 4000 block of Egan Drive and took him to LCCC.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to eight EMS calls and one medical transport in the area throughout the day. At 5:24 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a power pole on fire at Seater and Hermit streets; the fire when out as they arrived on scene. At 6:18 p.m., firefighters responded to an active fire alarm on Vista Drive that had been triggered by burned food. At 7:31 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to an active fire alarm on Sesame Street that had been triggered by building construction.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to nine EMS calls.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to four EMS calls and one medical transport. At 7:28 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm on Duran Street; no smoke or fire was found.
• On Monday, CCFR responded to five EMS callas and one medical transport. At 1:53 p.m., firefighters completed a building inspection for fire code violations on Third Street.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 8:33 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a crash with damage only in the 8800 block of Glacier Highway and arrested Daniel Price, 33, for driving without a license. His vehicle was impounded for 72 hours.
Sex offender registration
• At 1:06 p.m. Thursday, JPD contacted a 57-year-old man in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue for non-compliance with the sex offender registry.
• At 10:24 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to a reported shoplifting in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway and cited Latavia Lofftus, 22, for larceny.
• At 5:42 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a thetf report in the 2200 block of Trout Street; investigation continues.
• At 6:51 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the report of a theft of a cellphone valued at $150 from the 1900 block of Crest Street.
• At 10:25 a.m. Saturday, JPD received a theft report in the 1800 block of Douglas Highway; investigation continues.
• At 9:33 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of the theft of heating oil from a house in the 2200 block of Muir Street.
• At 10:33 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the 2500 block of David Street and cited Travis Richards, 24, for criminal trespass.
• At 8:39 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a trespassing teport in the 800 block of Dixon Street and cited Fred George, 32, and Vivian Wright, 23, for criminal trespass.
• At 10:47 a.m. Friday, JPD received a report by a woman in the 400 block of Franklin Street that her vehicle was rifled and damaged; investigation continues.
• At 2:13 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report by a 34-year-old woman in the 800 block of F Street that her vehicle was rifled and items were taken.
• At 3:51 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report from a 52-year-old man in the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road that his brown Chevrolet van had been stolen from in front of his residence; the vehicle was later recovered.