This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 10:41 a.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of a burglary in the 8400 block of Valley Boulevard; investigation continues.
• At 11:27 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report of sexual abuse of a child in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 6 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a domestic disturbance in the Juneau area; the victim was taken to a safer residence and the investigation continues.
• At 7:48 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a domestic dispute in the Juneau area, with a 39-year-old man reporting having been assaulted.
• At 1:41 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Christopher Kookesh, 30, for driving under the influence in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway; he also was charged with refusing to submit to a breath test.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 14 EMS calls and three medical transports in the area throughout the day.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to 11 EMS calls and one medical transport. At 4 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a vehicle collision with injuries on Egan Drive; a woman was provided basic life support and taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to 10 EMS calls and six medical transports. At 3:45 p.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle crash on Glacier Avenue; a woman was not taken to the hospital.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 3:45 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a collision involving a 2000 Toyota Tacoma and a 1999 Subaru in the 900 block of Egan Drive that resulted in a rollover; Quincy Gregg, 19, was cited for failing to yield.
• At 12:53 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue and cited Justin Fairclough, 35, for shoplifting.
• At 4:37 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Michael Hoyt, 36, for shoplifting in the 200 block of Franklin Street; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center on charges of first-degree burglary and fourth-degree theft.
• At 8:28 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 200 block of Franklin Street and remanded Marie Guy Riley, 56, for a probation violation; she also was charged with proving false information to an officer.
• At 10:16 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 1:26 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a theft in the 200 block of Franklin Street.
• At 1:41 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of the theft of a license plate from a vehicle in the Juneau area.