This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 6:25 p.m. Sunday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of a burglary in the 8900 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 1:32 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of criminal mischief and trespassing in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 11:47 p.m. Sunday, JPD received a report by a 52-year-old man and a 45-year-old man that a 32-year-old man had hit them and spit on them in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to seven EMS calls and three medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 4:15 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm on South Franklin Street that had been triggered by accident. At 4:27 p.m., they responded to a report of a fire in an oven on Crow Hill Drive; residents used an extinguisher to put out the fire.
No sport fishing license
• On June 22, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau contacted Talaga Iputi, 52, of Juneau. Investigation revealed Iputi was sport fishing at Fish Creek Pond, but had not obtained a sport fishing license for 2017. Iputi was cited.
• On July 1, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau contacted Jamison Miller, 25, and Rachel Miller, 22, of Juneau. Investigation revealed Jamison was sport fishing at DIPAC and had not obtained a sports fishing license for 2017. Further investigation reveals Rachel was attempting to snag fish in a prohibited area to snag at DIPAC. Both were cited.
• At 10:33 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a sexual assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
Snagging in prohibited area
• On July 7, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau contacted Anthony Delgado, 29, of Juneau, working as a sport fishing guide for the business of Juneau Shore Fishing. Investigation revealed Delgado was instructing clients how to snag fish. Further investigation revealed that Delgado’s clients were snagging fish in a prohibited area to snag at DIPAC. He was cited.
• At 7:51 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report from a 62-year-old woman in the 800 block of F Street that her car battery was stolen from her truck.
• At 1:24 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of vandalism of a telephone cable box in the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue, with damage estimated at $250.
• At 9:06 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report from a 68-year-old man in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway that his vehicle registration and a flashlight were stolen from the vehicle during the night.
• At 7:30 a.m. Monday, JPD received a report from a 22-year-old man in the 2600 block of Fritz Cove Road that his vehicle had been stolen.