This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:33 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report by a 48-year-old man in the 5400 block of Commercial Boulevard that someone entered a storage unit and took an estimated $10,000 in property.
• At 1:23 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a reported burglary in the 9000 block of Sheiye Way; investigation continues.
• At 4:18 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report of a residential burglary in the 8300 block of Nugget Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 12:33 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report by a 60-year-old man in the 5400 block of Commercial Boulevard that someone broke into his storage unit and stole numerous art pieces and other belongings.
• At 6 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report of child abuse in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 1:37 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report of an assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 5:06 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report of domestic violence in the Douglas area with alcohol involved; investigation continues.
• At 2:55 a.m. Saturday, JPD arrested a 23-year-old man in the Juneau area for criminal mischief domestic violence; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held without bail.
• At 7:31 p.m. Friday, JPD arrested Kenneth Arriaga, 42, for driving under the influence and reckless endangerment in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road; he was also cited for driving without a valid license.
• At 12:22 a.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Joy Ross, 30, for driving while intoxicated in the 3300 block of Egan Drive and took her to LCCC.
• At 3:51 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Colette Newell, 51, for DWI in the 8500 block of Jennifer Drive; she was taken to LCCC.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to four EMS calls and three medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 8:14 p.m., firefighters were dispatched for an active carbon monoxide alarm on Glacier Highway; the home was ventilated and firefighters made sure it was safe to occupy.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to 11 EMS calls and five medical transports. At 8:36 a.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm on Teal Street that had been triggered by burnt food.
• At 3:13 p.m. Saturday, firefighters were dispatched to a vehicle accident with injuries at Echo Cove; a man was provided advanced life support and taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 4 p.m. Saturday, firefighters spotted a vehicle in a ditch on Veterans Memorial Highway one mile north of Amalga Street; no one was located.
• At 7:11 p.m. Saturday, firefighters were dispatched to a vehicle accident with injuries on Egan Drive and Old Dairy Road; multiple patients were treated and taken to the hospital.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to two EMS calls and one medical transport.
• At 11:13 a.m. Sunday, firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm on Mount Roberts Street, which had been triggered by a system malfunction.
• On Monday, CCFR responded to six EMS calls and two medical transports.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:11 p.m. Saturday, JPD cited Paige Sparling, 26, for reckless driving in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway; she also was cited for failure to provide proof of insurance.
• At 4:50 p.m. Friday, JPD cited Christopher Jim, 37, for stealing $165 in merchandise from a store in the 8700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 1:25 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report by a 20-year-old man in the 3700 block of Amalga Street that someone tried to siphon gas from his boat.
• At 1:18 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report by a 61-year-old woman in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive regarding the theft of heating fuel from her residence.
• At 4:02 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a theft report in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway; investigation continues.
• At 5:15 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report by a 61-year-old man in the 1800 block of Glacier Highway regarding the theft of heating fuel.
• At 4:37 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report by an 18-year-old woman in the 8400 block of Steep Place that a man had stolen her cellphone.
• At 10:07 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 4:04 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report of a trespass at the FAA tower on Engineers Cutoff Road; investigation continues.
• At 5:07 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Kristy Lynn Fura, 36, for trespassing in the 1700 block of Evergreen Avenue and taken to LCCC on $2,500 bail.
• At 12:02 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report of criminal mischief in the 100 block of Egan Drive; investigation continues.