This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 7:16 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report of an assault by a 69-year-old man to a 43-year-old woman in the 800 block of 12th Street. Investigation continues.
• At 9:43 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a domestic dispute.
• At 11:17 p.m. Saturday, Stacey Shanigan, 44, was arrested for DWI in the 3300 block of Douglas Highway. Her vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to seven EMS calls, a call to Hospital Drive that was cancelled en route and one transport call to take a person and flight crew from Bartlett Regional Hospital to the Juneau International Airport.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to five EMS calls, a call to Douglas Highway that was cancelled en route, one transport call, a fire alarm on Crow Hill Drive that was activated by a person heating a bearing hub, and a burn complaint on Ling Court.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to three EMS calls, one transport call and a house fire on Point Lena Loop Road. No one was inside at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported. The building was a total loss, and the cause of the fire is under investigation by the CCFR Fire Marshal’s Office.
• At 1:14 p.m. Saturday, Ashley Bethel, 26, was arrested for shoplifting in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway. The value of the merchandise was $128.60.
• At 3:49 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report that a Kona bicycle, valued at $800, was stolen in the Auke Bay area.
• At 5:28 a.m. Sunday, a 23-year-old woman reported the theft of her cell phone, valued at about $800.