This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:05 a.m. Monday, a 23-year-old woman reported a business was burglarized in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue. Investigation continues.
• At 8:56 p.m. Sunday, Steven Muetze, 53, was cited and released for criminal trespass on Marine Way.
• At 10:15 p.m. Sunday, Jeffery Osborne, 28, was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Franklin Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 9:45 p.m. Sunday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of a domestic dispute, and a 34-year-old woman was arrested for domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center where she was lodged without bail. Alcohol was involved.
• At 10:20 p.m. Sunday, JPD received a report of a domestic dispute. A 34-year-old woman reported being slapped in the face and head-butted by a 41-year-old man. Alcohol was involved.
• At 7:47 p.m. Sunday, JPD received a report from another agency of a 47-year-old man possessing a small amount of methamphetamine in the 5500 block of Aisek Street. Investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to nine EMS calls, a two-vehicle accident with injuries on Glacier Highway, a fire alarm on Douglas Highway that was sounded inadvertently during testing, a fire alarm on Franklin Street that was sounded by cooking, and a transport call to take a patient from Bartlett Regional Hospital and Juneau International Airport.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to five EMS calls, a fire alarm on La Perouse Avenue that was sounded by burnt food, a fire alarm on Franklin Street that sounded when a person accidentally knocked a sprinkler head, causing water to flow, and a call to University Drive that was cancelled en route.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to 12 EMS calls, a call to Atlin Drive that was cancelled en route, a report of a fuel odor on Black Wolf Way that was caused by a small amount of fuel found on a garage floor under a boiler, and a carbon monoxide alarm on Jerry Drive that was activated by overheated pottery.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:11 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a hit-and-run in the 500 block of Third Street.
• At 4:05 p.m. Sunday, Corwin Vavalis, 27, was cited for negligent driving after his vehicle caused damage to two other vehicles in a parking lot in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 9:17 p.m. Sunday, Charles Grosvold, 42, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol in the 500 block of Harris Street. His breath sample read as 0.155 percent, and he was taken to LCCC and held on $1,500 bail. His vehicle was impounded.