This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 4:57 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of an assault in the 100 block of Marine Way; investigation continues.
• At 10:28 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a reported assault in the downtown area.
• At 1:52 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a burglary in the 5400 block of Shaune Drive.
Contraband in jail
• At 8:46 p.m. Friday, the Lemon Creek Correctional Center reported that they found drugs on a 35-year-old male inmate in the jail. Incident is under investigation by the Alaska State Troopers.
• At 10:55 p.m. Saturday, JPD cited Charles G. Billy, 54, in the 300 block of Franklin Street for disturbing the peace after he reportedly was yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs nonstop. He was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital for a medical clearance and then taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center for a 12-hour hold.
• At 11:56 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a disturbance on Marine Way and arrested Christopher Davidson, 43, on two counts of disorderly conduct; he was taken to LCCC and held on $1,000 bail.
• At 2:07 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested a 43-year-old woman in the Juneau area for assault domestic violence; she was taken to LCCC with no bail.
• At 3:42 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Marti Fred, 43, for driving under the influence on Glacier Highway Access Road.
• At 3:03 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Kristian Petaja, 23, for driving under the influence and refusing a breath test on Highland Drive; he was taken to LCCC.
• At 3:13 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report by a 31-year-old man in the 200 block of Front Street that he was punched in the face by a 25-year-old man.
Fire and medical
• On Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to nine EMS calls and one medical transport in the area throughout the day. At 3:26 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm on Whittier Street; it was found to be a system malfunction.
• At 1:31 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report of fraud in the Juneau area.
Hit and run
• At 1:50 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report of a hit and run at Sealaska Plaza with no reported injuries.
• At 4:59 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 11:18 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 2:03 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report of a theft from a business in the 3400 block of Tongass Boulevard.
• At 4:11 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a report by a 58-year-old woman in the 5000 block of Thane Road regarding the theft of scrap wood.
• At 1:09 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a theft in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 2:44 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of trespassing on Marine Way.
• At 2:21 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report by a 56-year-old man in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road regarding a tire that had been slashed, with damage estimated at $500.