This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:59 p.m. Friday, the Juneau Police Department received a report from a 51-year-old man on Egan Drive regarding an assault.
• At 1:34 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a reported assault in the 700 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 4:30 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a burglary report in the 6000 block of Glacier Spur Road; investigation continues.
• At 9:19 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a domestic dispute that occurred on Friday in the Juneau area.
• At 5:33 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Floyd Rapp, 34, for DUI, refusal to provide a chemical test and driving without a license on Thane Road; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held without bail.
• At 9:15 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Michael Heard, 61, in the 1300 block of Egan Drive for DUI after he reportedly blew a 0.082 on the Breathalyzer; he was taken to LCCC and then released on his own recognizance.
Fire and medical
• On Friday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to nine EMS calls and two medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 12:46 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm on Anka Street that had been triggered by a smoke machine. At 7:27 p.m., they responded to a sprinkler flow alarm on Marine Way that was triggered by a broken pipe. At 11:16 p.m., they were dispatched to a possible structure fire on Thane Road, but did not locate any sign of smoke or fire.
• On Saturday, CCFR responded to 11 EMS calls.
• On Sunday, CCFR responded to 12 EMS calls and three medical transports. At 12:39 a.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm on Franklin Street, but no fire was located. At 11:03 a.m., they were dispatched to a fire alarm on Franklin Street with no fire found. At 12:17 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a child locked in a school building on Mendenhall Loop Road; the child was freed. At 1:38 p.m., they responded to a fire alarm on Willoughby Avenue triggered by burnt food.
• At 12:24 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 100 block of Franklin Street in which a $100 pair of blue jeans were stolen.
Smoldering flower pot
• At 8:30 p.m. Sunday, CCFR responded to a possible fire on a third floor deck condo unit at Spaulding Beach Condo. A neighbor was outside and noticed smoke coming from a flower box that was attached to the railing. He called 911 and the condo building maintenance person. Both men put a ladder up to the deck and extinguished the smoldering wood box. CCFR arrived on scene to continue to wet down the smoldering material and removed the flower box. There were scorch marks on the wooden railings. It appears that a cigarette was placed in the dry planting material and caused it to smolder.
• At 4:16 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report from a 66-year-old man in the 3000 block of Dimond Park Loop regarding the theft of a cellphone.
• At 3:04 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of the theft of a wallet and phone on Front Street.
• At 10:48 a.m. Saturday, JPD received a report by a 33-year-old man in the 5600 block of Glacier Highway that his vehicle had been vandalized.
• At 11:03 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of vandalism to a boat in the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard.
• At 8:07 p.m. Saturday, JPD received a report from a 41-year-old man in the 3400 block of Greenwood Avenue that his unlocked vehicle had been rifled through.