This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:41 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of an assault in the 700 block of 10th Street; investigation continues.
• At 3:56 a.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Clifford White, 25, for disorderly conduct in the 300 block of Willoughby Avenue; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 11:11 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a domestic disturbance in the Juneau area.
• At 2:54 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a reported violation of a domestic violence protective order in the Juneau area.
• At 1:49 a.m. Tuesday, JPD arrested Samantha Sportel, 22, for DUI in the 300 block of Whittier Street; she was taken to LCCC, where she also was charged for having a BAC of more than 0.08.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 10 EMS calls and four medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 2:17 a.m., a unit was stopped on Hospital Drive by someone asking for a ride.
• On Tuesday, CCFR responded to 17 EMS calls and four medical transports. At 12:35 p.m., firefighters responded to Egan Drive to help remove a ring. At 7:35 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a bathroom on fire at Cope Park; units found burnt wood in a trash can, which was removed from the bathroom.
• At 12:27 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report from a 50-year-old woman in the 100 block of Marine Way that she had been injured by a firework.
Hit and run
• At 12:58 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of a hit and run in the 9300 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 11:22 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a hit and run on Egan Drive.
• At 5:33 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a shoplifting report in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 1:52 a.m. Tuesday, JPD and CCFR responded to a report of a tent destroyed by fire in a camp off Egan Drive near Whittier Street; the fire was extinguished.
• At 7:23 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a vandalism report in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue.
• At 3:31 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a reported vehicle rifling on Egan Drive.
• At 10:55 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report from a 22-year-old woman in the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road regarding a theft.