This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 2:55 p.m. Wednesday, 36-year-old April Lynn Criswell was arrested for two counts of violating conditions of release, and she was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 8:05 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a protective order violation. Investigation continues.
• At 12:58 p.m. Tuesday, Rebecca Culbertson was arrested for criminal trespass and disorderly conduct in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:56 p.m. Tuesday, 60-year-old Yakutat resident Sheldon James was found to be deceased on a commercial airline in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive. He was a passenger on the plane, which was traveling from Sitka to Juneau. The cause of death doesn’t appear to be suspicious. Next of kin has been notified.
• At 2:08 p.m. Tuesday, 35-year-old James Carteeti was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 12:06 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of a domestic violence assault.
• At 4:06 p.m. Wednesday, a 27-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault. Alcohol was involved.
• At 8:36 p.m. Wednesday, a 30-year-old woman was arrested for domestic violence assault after she pepper sprayed him in the face. She was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to four EMS calls, a false fire alarm on Franklin Street, a two-vehicle accident with injuries on Egan Drive, a false medical alarm activation call on Pinewood Drive and two transport calls.
• On Tuesday, CCFR responded to seven EMS calls, a fire code enforcement inspection on Third Street, a report of a person who fell off the docks on Marine Way and into the water, a false fire alarm on Fourth Street and three transport calls.
• On Wednesday, CCFR responded to nine EMS calls, a two-vehicle accident with injuries on Glacier Highway and Trout Street, a false fire alarm on Riverside Drive and a good intent call on Glacier Highway to assist a man.
• On Thursday, CCFR responded to a motor vehicle that had collided with a fuel tank on Nancy Street, eight EMS calls, a public assist call on Irwin Street and one transport call.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:16 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a reported two-vehicle collision at Glacier Highway and Trout Street. Both vehicles were totaled, and both drivers were transported to the Bartlett Regional Hospital with what appeared to be minor injuries. One of the drivers, 51-year-old Wayne R. Martin, was cited for failing to yield after a stop.
• At 1:45 a.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a car crash where a power box, fence and the side of a house were hit in the 8800 block of Nancy Street. The driver fled on foot, leaving his or her 2000 Toyota Camry behind.
• At 2:39 a.m. Thursday, investigation continued into a report of a sexual assault. Alcohol was involved.
• At 10:22 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of a stolen bicycle in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 5:23 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a vehicle being vandalized sometime on Sept. 21 in the 8400 block of Jennifer Drive.
• At 7:57 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a person entering an unlocked vehicle and took approximately $40 in loose chance and miscellaneous cash without permission.
• At 9:23 a.m. Thursday, Rosanna Sturdevant, 41, was arrested on an outstanding $250 JPD warrant in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive.