This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 11:02 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a reported disturbance in the 9100 block of Cinema Drive.
• At 12:34 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a disturbance in the 15100 block of Glacier Highway and cited a 17-year-old boy for minor consuming; he was released to a parent.
• At 2:49 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a complaint of disorderly conduct in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 3:12 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a domestic dispute in the Juneau area and arrested a 30-year-old woman for assault domestic violence; she was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center with no bail.
Fire and medical
• On Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 11 EMS calls and two medical transports in the area throughout the day.
• At 2:17 a.m. Thursday, firefighters were dispatched to an active carbon monoxide alarm on Columbia Boulevard; the air was tested and the home was ventilated.
• At 5:03 a.m. Thursday, firefighters responded to a report of an outhouse on fire on Riverside Drive; the fire had been extinguished. JPD was investigating the arson of the Porta-Potty.
• At 1:35 p.m. Thursday, firefighters responded to a burn complaint on Patricia Place; a permit was issued on site so they could continue to burn.
• At 3:28 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report from a 53-year-old woman in the Juneau area regarding a possible fraud; investigation continues.
Interfering with officer
• At 4:27 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Yorel Xavier Simmons, 25, for interfering with an officer; he was taken to LCCC.
• At 3:49 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of a possible sexual assault in the Juneau area.
• At 12:41 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a reported theft in the Juneau area.
• At 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report from a 48-year-old man in the 1100 block of Thane Road regarding a theft.
• At 12:01 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of the theft of services in the 1700 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 8:05 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report from a 58-year-old man regarding the theft of a water heater in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 8:42 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of the theft of tools from a vehicle in the 3600 block of Amalga Street.