This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of an attempted robbery in the 100 block of Marine Way; investigation continues.
• At 3:57 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 42-year-old man in the Juneau area for assault domestic violence; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held without bail.
• At 2:46 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive and impounded a black 1998 Plymouth Voyager; investigation continues.
• At 6:08 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 11:39 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a fight in the 8800 block of Mallard Street; investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 13 EMS calls and five medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 3:13 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm on Willoughby Avenue that was triggered by burnt food. At 3:19 a.m., they responded to a fire alarm on Glacier Highway that was due to a system malfunction. At 11:31 a.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm on Willoughby Avenue, but the source of the fire had been extinguished by the resident; they checked for fire extension. At 9:12 p.m., they were dispatched to smoke in the area of Channel Drive that was found to be due to fresh asphalt being poured. At 9:22 p.m., firefighters investigated a burn complaint on Gastineau Avenue.
• On Wednesday, CCFR responded to 16 EMS calls and seven medical transports. At 4:10 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm on Glacier Highway and investigated the source of smoke that was found. At 11:52 p.m., they were dispatched to a report of a tree on fire at Channel Vista and Egan drives, but nothing was located.
• On Thursday, CCFR responded to six EMS calls and four medical transports. At 1:28 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a smoke complaint on Egan Drive and found a campfire that was burning wet wood; the individuals with the campfire were asked to burn it hotter so that it would produce less smoke. At 5:15 p.m., they responded to a report of smoke coming from a carport on Churchill Way and found a burn barrel in use; the property owner was asked to extinguish the fire and get a burn permit.
• At 2:07 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of a forgery that occurred in Anchorage.
Motor vehicle collision
• At 1:23 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a reported motor vehicle collision in the 100 block of Front Street.
• At 5:57 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report from a 48-year-old woman in the 400 block of Cordova Street that her vehicle was struck while it was parked, resulting in damage.
• At 10:31 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a reported hit and run in the 9100 block of Cinema Drive.
• At 12:50 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a noise complaint in the 3300 block of Nowell Avenue.
• At 8:50 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of suspicious activity in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 8:25 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report from a 48-year-old woman in the 1000 block of Salmon Creek Lane regarding the theft of an empty register drawer from a business.
• At 4:42 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of a 31-year-old woman trespassing on Fred Meyer property.
• At 7:15 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of a car rifling in the 1400 block of Harbor Way.
• At 11:21 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report from a 69-year-old man in the 800 block of Calhoun Avenue that his unlocked vehicle had been rifled through, but nothing was taken.