This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 2:25 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a disturbance in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard and arrested Sean Purvis, 48, for assault; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center on $500 bail.
• At 12:54 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of an assault in the 3400 block of Nowell Avenue; investigation continues.
• At 6:37 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of a burglary in the 5400 block of Commercial Boulevard.
• At 9:48 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of a burglary and theft of a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis in the 8100 block of Threadneedle Street.
• At 10:08 a.m. Thursday, JPD opened a confidential investigation into a report of child abuse or neglect in the Juneau area. At 10:38 a.m., JPD opened another, similar investigation.
• At 7:34 a.m. Thursday, JPD arrested Steven M. Lythgoe, 44, in the 200 block of Franklin Street for violating a stalking protective order.
• At 10:28 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 4:05 p.m. Wednesday, JPD assisted in a drug investigation in the 2000 block of Lemon Creek Road.
Fire and medical
• On Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 19 EMS calls and two medical transports in the area throughout the day. At 12:09 p.m., firefighters responded to a smoke complaint on Fourth Street but found no sign of smoke. At 4:25 p.m., they were dispatched to a report of boaters falling in the lake at Glacier Spur Road.
Motor vehicle collision
• At 12:15 p.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report that a Ford F350 backed into a parked Jeep in the 200 block of Third Street.