This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 2:18 p.m. Thursday, Juneau Police Department arrested a 42-year-old woman for assault in the Juneau area. She was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 6:30 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of an assault in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road; investigation continues.
• At 3:24 a.m. Friday, JPD arrested 42-year-old Lorraine Paul for assault in the 100 block of Marine Way.
• At 11:05 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a burglary in the 9300 block of Glacier Highway; investigation continues.
• At 11:10 p.m. Friday, a 36-year-old female reported a burglary and theft in the 8400 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 3:26 a.m. Saturday, 25-year-old Benjamin Bialek was placed under arrest for drunk driving in the 3300 block of Nowell Avenue. He was taken to LCCC.
• On June 26, Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Jacob A. Hammer, age 38 of Petersburg, for operating a commercial gillnet during a closed period in the area north of Point Bridget. Hammer has been given an arraignment date of July 13 at 11 a.m. in Juneau district court.
• On June 23, AWT cited two crab fishermen, Aaron K. Dwarshuis and John Smith III, for retaining undersized Dungeness crab in the Juneau area. Each was fined $150 dollars.
Search and rescue
• At 9:43 p.m. Thursday, the Alaska State Troopers, Juneau Mountain Rescue, JPD and a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter assisted in the rescue of Bandar Alneami, age 30 of California, after he got stuck hiking on Mount Roberts. Alneami got lost in the fog on the top of Mount Roberts, and in his attempt to find his way down the mountain, got stuck in an area adjacent to a waterfall. JMR was able to locate Alneami using GPS coordinates he provided. Alneami was then transported to Bartlett Regional Hospital, where he was treated for mild hypothermia.
• At 2:43 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a sex crime in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 2:34 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of shoplifting in the 5100 block of Glacier Highway; investigation continues.
• At 2:25 p.m. Friday, a 45-year-old man reported an employee stole about $100 to $200 from his business in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 4:31 p.m. Friday, a 28-year-old female reported the theft of a book bag from her vehicle in the 1100 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 6:26 p.m. Friday, Anthony Don was cited and released for larceny in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 8:11 p.m. Friday, 24-year-old Titlei Toomalatai was cited and released for larceny in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 11:24 a.m. Friday, a 56-year-old female reported her stereo stolen from her vehicle in the 1800 block of Northwood Drive.
• At 10:02 a.m. Friday, JPD cited and released 56-year-old Jeffrey Carpenter for trespassing in the 3400 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 9: 24 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of vandalism to an exterior entry door in the 100 block of Franklin Street, causing approximately $750 worth of damage.
• At 11:36 a.m. Friday, JPD received a report of vandalism of a vehicle in the 500 block of Willoughby Avenue; investigation continues.