This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 12:32 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a reported burglary and theft from an occupied residence in the 800 block of Dixon Street. Unknown if alcohol involved.
• At 6:37 p.m. Tuesday, Gregory Evan Fitch, 47, was arrested for criminal mischief in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive for allegedly grabbing a picture frame off the wall, throwing it and breaking it. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 7:45 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of criminal mischief in the 400 block of Eighth Street. Alcohol was involved. Domestic violence related.
• At 2:48 p.m. Tuesday, David Rose Jr., 51, was cited and released for disorderly conduct in the 700 block of Ninth Street. Alcohol was involved.
Fire and medical
• On Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to nine EMS calls around town throughout the day, a water flow activation alarm triggered by a fire alarm test on Commercial Boulevard, a fuel spill on Mendenhall Peninsula Road where DEC was contacted, two public service calls on Willoughby Avenue and Glacier Highway, and one medical transport call.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:59 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle versus bicyclist crash in the 2800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road. the bicyclist suffered “very minor injuries” and was not transported to the hospital.
• At 2:44 p.m. Tuesday, Richard Chavez, 55, was cited and released for driving without a license and duty of operator to give information and render assistance after being involved in an accident in the 500 block of Franklin Street. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 2:49 p.m. Tuesday, confidential investigation into a reported sexual assault.
• At 4:27 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a stolen backpack on Egan Drive.
• At 8:37 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of theft in the 3000 block of Dimond Park Loop.
• At 12:39 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of vandalism to the exterior of an unoccupied mobile home in the 5800 block of Glacier Highway. The damage from paint and graffiti is estimated at $1,500.
• At 7:41 a.m. Wednesday, a 34-year-old man reported his vehicle was rifled through in the 2800 block of Riverside Drive. A wallet and lunch box were reported stolen.
• At 2:33 p.m. Monday, Yvonne R. Peterson, 24, of Juneau was contacted at the Juneau DMV office by Alaska State Troopers and arrested on an outstanding warrant for failing to appear in court on the original charge of DUI. Peterson was taken to LCCC.
• At 9:22 a.m. on Nov. 4, Robert Vidic, 58, of Juneau, was arrested by Alaska State Troopers at his residence on an outstanding warrant for failing to comply with probation on the original charge of felony DUI. Vidic was taken to LCCC.