This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 2:10 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department received a report from a 36-year-old woman of being physically assaulted in the Juneau area. Alcohol was involved.
• At 9:31 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of an assault on the 1600 block of Renninger Street.
• At 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested a 37-year-old man for misdemeanor assault in the Juneau area. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held without bail.
• At 10:06 a.m Thursday, JPD received a report of domestic violence in the Juneau area. While on scene, it was determined that a vehicle was stolen.
Fire and medical
• On Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to five EMS calls and two fire alarm system malfunctions.
• At 10:14 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of shoplifting from a business on the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 7:54 p.m. Wednesday, JPD cited Quintin Swafford, 28, for striking a parked vehicle on the 3000 block of Douglas Highway.
Violating conditions of release
• At 10:41 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Thomas Bell, 54, for violating conditions of release for consuming alcohol. Bell was also charged with resisting and interfering with an officer. He was taken to LCCC on $500 cash bail. Alcohol was involved.
• At 8:53 p.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested John Negley, 44, in the 5900 block of Churchill Way on several outstanding warrants. He was taken to LCCC on $6,000 bail.