This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 6:39 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of an attempted burglary in the 300 block of Martin Way.
• At 8:34 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a reported burglary in the 1400 block of Fifth Street.
• At 5:54 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of counterfeit money in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway; investigation continues.
• At 10:44 a.m. Wednesday, JPD arrested Christopher G. Kookesh, 30, for DUI in the 1500 block of Glacier Highway after he reportedly provided a breath sample of 0.244 percent.
• At 8:29 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report from a 37-year-old man in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard that he had been assaulted by a 38-year-old man; investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to nine EMS calls and three medical transports in the area throughout the day.
• At 1:43 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of trespass and theft in the 1600 block of Thane Road; investigation continues.
• At 1:44 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report from a 69-year-old woman in the Juneau area regarding a theft.
• At 4:18 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report from a 28-year-old man in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard that he lost his wallet at the Safeway gas station; when it was returned to him, $1,010 was gone.
• At 11:23 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report from a 66-year-old man in the 200 block of Ferry Way that a gold nugget diamond ring worth $700 was stolen from a business.
• At 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a report of a theft in the Juneau area.
• At 12:37 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a trespassing report in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive and cited Alan Lee, 31, for trespassing at a hotel.
• At 4:55 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a trespassing report at a business in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 5:54 p.m. Tuesday, JPD cited Nathan J. Giske, 40, for criminal trespass in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 8:51 p.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a reported trespass in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 10:29 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a welfare check request in the 1600 block of Douglas Highway and arrested Dakota Gallant, 27, on four outstanding warrants; he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center on $400 bail.