This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 2:18 p.m. Sunday, the Juneau Police Department responded to the report of a 43-year-old woman in the Juneau area who reported a violation of a restraining order.
• At 5:30 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Cristina L. Torrieri, 40, in the 2500 block of Mendenhall Loop Road for driving while intoxicated. Torrieri was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 9:48 p.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Joshua Hunnel, 42, in the area of Davis Avenue for driving while intoxicated. Hunnel was taken to LCCC and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
Search and rescue
• At about 3:06 p.m. Saturday, JPD reported to Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers that four hikers — Juneau residents Olivia Glasscock, 26, Adelyn Baxter, 27, Charles Kidd, 26 and Paul Strickler, 25 — were in need of assistance as they tried to hike from Windfall Lake to the Montana Creek trailhead. The party reported that one of them had become mildly hypothermic and was unable to hike out of the area due to heavy snow coverage and their condition. Juneau Mountain Rescue was notified and responded to the area via Temsco helicopter. At about 5:30 p.m., the searchers found the party and transported them to Juneau for evaluation, where they declined further medical treatment.
• At 6:17 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road to investigate the report of a 46-year-old women who reported the theft of a backpack.
• On Sunday, Juneau-based Alaska Wildlife Troopers cited Juneau resident Jonathan Fisher, 29, for obtaining a 2018 resident hunting license under a false claim of Alaska residency. Fisher’s $310 citation was filed in Juneau District Court.