This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department and Alaska State Troopers arrested Jeffrey Dale Carpenter, 58, in the area of Egan Drive for third-degree assault after Carpenter pulled a knife on an Alaska State Trooper, according to an AST dispatch. The Trooper had told Carpenter not to walk through the scene of a car crash and Carpenter got angry and pulled his knife out and held it toward the Trooper. Carpenter was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 2:28 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Gene William Chilton III, 29, in the 15900 block of Lee Drive for violating conditions of release and criminal trespass. Chilton was taken to LCCC.
• At 5:51 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Jason Martin-Wilson, 43, in the 300 block of Village Street for violating conditions of release and resisting arrest. Alcohol was a factor. Martin-Wilson was taken to LCCC.
• At 7:04 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Allen Edward Klein, 64, in the 1200 block of Harbor Way for driving while intoxicated after he drove his car through a police barricade. Klein’s breath-alcohol content was measured at 0.191 percent. The car he was driving was impounded and he was taken to LCCC.
• At 2:52 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Jared Coffey, 21, in the area of Egan Drive for driving while intoxicated. Coffey was taken to LCCC and later released on his own recognizance.
• At 11:13 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the 100 block of Franklin Street to investigate the report of a 59-year-old man that a 33-year-old man had shoplifted merchandise from a business. The merchandise was later recovered and returned to the business. Charges are being forwarded to the Municipal Attorney’s Office.
• At 12:22 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road to document vandalism to a 1995 Ford van.
• At 12:05 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Skywood Lane to investigate the report of a 33-year-old woman who reported her vehicle had been rifled through and her wallet and her black iPhone 5S had been stolen.