This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 7:28 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential investigation into an assault in the 9000 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 2:21 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Ofa Kivalu, 28, in the 200 block of Front Street for assault. Kivalu was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on a $500 bail.
• At 10:34 a.m. Saturday, the Alaska State Troopers responded to the report of a death in a cabin near St. James Bay, about 26 miles west of Juneau. They found Juneau man Robert McLeod, 78, deceased of natural causes at the cabin. No foul play is suspected and next of kin has been notified.
• At 9:25 a.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Carl Brown, 29, in the 5000 block of Glacier Highway for disorderly conduct. Alcohol was a factor. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 2:46 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Front Street, where a man, 25, ran out onto a slab of drying concrete and caused an unknown amount of damage. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 4:06 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a domestic violence assault in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor.
• At 9:30 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of a theft and incident of domestic violence in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 1:49 a.m. Sunday, JPD arrested Eric Moy, 26, in Sealaska Plaza for driving while intoxicated and driving with a revoked license. Moy was taken to LCCC.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:59 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue to investigate the report of a woman, 46, who reported hit-and-run damage to her vehicle. She was able to get the license plate number of the suspected car. Investigation continues.
• At 1:10 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the 6200 block of Alaway Avenue to investigate a minor motor vehicle crash. No injuries were reported.
• At 5:37 p.m. Friday, JPD arrested Ronald Wheat, 50, in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road for second-degree robbery, third-degree theft, fourth-degree assault and disorderly conduct. Read more on today’s A1.
• At 12:57 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to the 8100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the theft of a truck that was later recovered.
• At 12:10 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to Thunder Mountain Road to investigate the report of a boy, 15, who reported his 2004 black 26-inch Kona bicycle had been stolen.
• At 11:35 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the 5000 block of Douglas Highway to investigate the report of a vehicle theft. The vehicle was recovered.
• At 10:46 a.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the 8100 block of Glacier Highway to investigate the report of criminal trespass at Fred Meyer. Investigation continues.
• At 6:11 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested Alan Lee, 32, in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive for criminal trespassing.
• At 6:52 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the 9000 block of Cinema Drive to investigate the report of a man, 37, who reported the theft of $1,500 worth of food from his car. JPD Lt. Krag Campbell said the man had just bought a large amount of food from Costco and was preparing to leave Juneau with it when the food was stolen.
• At 1:59 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the 200 block of Marine Way to investigate the report of vehicle rifling. Investigation continues.
• At 8:19 p.m. Friday, JPD took a man, 38 into custody for an involuntary commitment for the man’s welfare. Alcohol was a factor. The original call was for a traffic hazard in the 300 block of Egan Drive.