This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 2:01 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department arrested a 25-year-old man for domestic violence assault in the Juneau area.
• At 5:25 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of domestic violence in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 10:25 p.m. Saturday, JPD arrested a 34-year-old man for domestic violence in the Juneau area. Alcohol was a factor. The man was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 6:42 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of domestic violence assault and criminal mischief in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 9:55 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report of two hit-and-run collisions by the same suspect on private property in the 8800 block of Glendale Street. The damage to the two vehicles hit is estimated at a total of $1,500. Investigation continues.
• At 12:42 p.m. Saturday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of a sexual assault. Alcohol was a factor. Investigation continues.
• At 12:17 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to the report from a man, 58, who said his vehicle had been vandalized in the 8400 block of Steep Place. Investigation continues.
• At 9:12 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to the report of a man damaging a telephone in a business in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• At 10:48 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to numerous reports of a man vandalizing property in the 300 block of Willoughby Avenue. Investigation continues.
• On Saturday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers contacted Juneau man Steffen Frazier, 43, at the Auke Bay launch ramp after he had returned from king crabbing. Frazier had caught a king crab, but did not immediately log it in his personal use permit as required. Troopers issued Frazier a $210 citation in the District Court at Juneau for the violation and the crab was logged.
• On Saturday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers contacted Juneau residents Levie Cumlat, 55, and Bernard Yadao, 43, at the Auke Bay Harbor after they had returned from crabbing. Troopers learned that Cumlat had failed to log information on his permit from previous trips as required. Troopers also learned that Yadao had retained an undersized red king crab and failed to obtain a personal use permit as required for retaining red or blue king crabs in fishing district 11A. Troopers issued Cumlat a $210 citation for failing to complete his permit, and issued Yadao a $210 citation for failing to obtain a permit and another $210 citation for retaining an undersized red king crab. The citations were issued in the District Court at Juneau. The sub-legal crab was returned to the water unharmed.